Liberals have no sense of shame nor moral compasses for that matter. Plus a heaping dose of arrogance, narcissism, jealousy and envy, along with a condescension and patronizing superiority. That is what makes them Liberals. Valerie Jarrett can claim all she wants that the Obama years were “scandal free”, but borrowing a page from his fellow Democrat president reprobate, it all comes down to what the meaning of “scandal” is (“is, is”, remember?)
In an outrageous display of political hubris, Jarrett took to the CNN airwaves the other day to espouse that President Obama “hasn’t had a scandal and he hasn’t done something to embarrass himself” during his eight years in the White House. This, after the Liar-in-Chief himself had declared on Fox News back on November 20th that “I’m extremely proud of the fact that over eight years we have not had the kind of scandal that has plagued other administrations.”
I’m not quite sure whether to categorize both comments under a “fake news” tag, or just call the both of them out and out liars and deceivers. Before listing a whole range of scandals, let me just express this. Cast your mind back to the first versions of the Obama Care enrollment website which didn’t work and became a nightmare. That was a fiasco, embarrassment, and scandal, as the project was contracted to an old college friend connected to Michelle Obama. Lots of good money followed the bad. Millions upon millions of dollars were wasted and paid for by the taxpayers. Yet no one was ever held accountable.
Let me remind you of the facts from Bloomberg, 26 Sep., 2014: “New data compiled by Bloomberg Government reveal that Obamacare has already cost taxpayers $73 billion, including $2.1 billion on its busted Obamacare website – a figure more than double what the Obama administration originally claimed.”
If that isn’t a ‘scandal’ then I don’t know what is. Like millions of other bloggers, yours truly is powered by a couple of amazing WordPress website designs operated on a Go Daddy server that costs well under $1000 dollars for five years. Tag a MagicJack phone connection onto that and you have a complete communications center in play for a further $40 dollars a year. $2.1 billion? Begs the question – Why isn’t anybody in jail?
Reminds me of this classic quote from Mark Steyn:
“So, if I follow correctly, the smartest president ever is not smart enough to ensure that his website works; he’s not smart enough to inquire of others as to whether his website works; he’s not smart enough to check that his website works before he goes out and tells people what a great website experience they’re in for. But he is smart enough to know that he’s not stupid enough to go around bragging about how well it works if he’d already been informed that it doesn’t work. So he’s smart enough to know that if he’d known what he didn’t know he’d know enough not to let it be known that he knew nothing. The country’s in the very best of hands.”
“Not even a smidgen of corruption.” (Obama to O’Reilly in that infamous Super Bowl interview).
OK down to business:
1. Operation Fast and Furious. This egregious example of a reckless government endangering lives and then scrambling to cover it up has haunted Obama for years. As Daily Wire has explained, “Operation Fast and Furious involved the Obama administration arming drug cartels and thugs south of the border as a means to undermine the Second Amendment. The program resulted in the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. One of the Islamic terrorists in the Garland, Texas, attack also used a gun that was obtained through the Fast and Furious program.”
2. Benghazi. The terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya resulted in four brave Americans dying despite the fact that help could have been sent, but wasn’t. Requests for security prior to the attack were repeatedly denied, and after the attack Obama and Hillary Clinton falsely blamed it on a video considered offensive to Muslims. During the election, Benghazi became associated with Clinton—and rightly so—but it is also Obama’s scandal as well. It is still not known what Obama was doing that night.
3. The IRS targeted conservative organizations. In 2013, Lois Lerner, who directed the Internal Revenue Service’s Exempt Organizations Unit, admitted that Tea Party organizations were targeted under the agency, but blamed it on lower-level employees. Such organizations were heavily scrutinized with invasive questions. Since then, Lerner and IRS commissioner John Koskinen have denied any wrongdoing and have stonewalled congressional efforts to investigate the matter, citing computer crashes for being unable to turn over related emails.
4. The DOJ seized Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen. In the AP’s case, the DOJ was investigating a story involving “a CIA operation in Yemen that foiled an al-Qaeda plot in the spring of 2012 to set off a bomb on an airplane headed to the United States,” according to the Washington Post. The DOJ seized two months of phone records from the AP without informing the news outlet.
5. The NSA conducted mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant. Thanks to leaking from former government contractor Edward Snowden, it was revealed that the National Security Agency had been conducting mass surveillance against American citizens—a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment. In 2015, the NSA eventually ended their bulk data collection of phone records.
6. The Obama administration paid ransom to Iran for hostages, and lied to the American people about it. As the Daily Wire has explained, the Obama administration claimed that they were giving a total of $1.7 billion to Iran to settle a failed arms deal with the previous Iranian regime, and it just happened to coincide with the release of four American hostages. The Obama administration also didn’t reveal the details of the agreement to Congress. It was obvious though that it was a ransom deal and the Obama administration lied about it.
Five more scandals continue in The Daily Wire…