Joseph Klein in FrontPageMag (complete link down below): ‘Iran is trying to keep its provocations below the threshold it calculates would trigger a full-scale U.S. military response that could bring down the regime. So far, the Iranian regime has gotten away with this strategy, despite the U.S. military build-up in Iran’s neighborhood. The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) has summarized Iran’s calculations as follows:
“The Iranian interpretation of the U.S. moves as weakness has led Iran to escalate its provocations of the Americans, to the point of shooting down a U.S. MC-4Q Triton drone above the Persian Gulf today…In Iran’s assessment, President Trump will not dare to act against it since war with Iran will ensure that he will not be reelected. Therefore, it can use force without fear, because Trump has no option but to submit to its demands.” [end]
Consider folks, the following provocations in just the past 6 weeks from Iran, against not just the USA, but the world. What are they – Nuts?!
The following are Iran’s main operations against the U.S. and its allies’ forces in the region:
- May 12, 2019: Iran attacked four oil tankers at Fujairah port in the Gulf of Oman, near the Strait of Hormuz.
- May 14, 2019: The Iran-backed Houthi militia in Yemen used weaponized drones to strike strategic oil pipelines at Yanbu in Saudi Arabia.
- May 19, 2019: A rocket landed near the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad’s Green Zone.
- May 20, 2019: Two Houthi missiles aimed at Mecca were intercepted above Jeddah and Taif in Saudi Arabia.
- May 31, 2019: Four American service members were wounded by a car bomb in Afghanistan; four Afghan civilians were killed and others were wounded.
- June 5, 2019: Houthi spokesman Yahya Saria announced that 20 Saudi outposts on the Saudi-Yemen border had been attacked and taken over.
- June 9, 2019: The Houthis announced that they had attacked Jizan airport in Saudi Arabia using drones.
- June 12, 2019: The Houthis announced that they had attacked Abha civilian airport in Saudi Arabia, 200 km from the Saudi-Yemen border, with a cruise missile, wounding 26.
- June 13, 2019; Iran attacked a Japanese and a Norwegian oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman, during a Tehran visit by Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo.
- June 15, 2019: Mortar bombs were fired at Balad Airbase in northern Baghdad, where U.S. troops are stationed; Katyusha rockets were fired at the Al-Jadriya neighborhood in central Baghdad, near the U.S. Embassy; a missile was fired at another base near Baghdad’s international airport.
- June 17 and 19, 2019: Saudi Arabia announced that it had intercepted Houthi drones en route to it.
- June 18, 2019: Two mortar bombs were fired at Al-Taji base in northern Baghdad, where U.S. troops are stationed.
- June 19, 2019: A Katyusha rocket was fired at the Presidential Palace complex in Mosul, northern Iraq; U.S. military advisors are stationed in the complex.
- June 19, 2019: A Katyusha rocket was fired at the complexes of the ExxonMobil, Shell, and Eni SpA oil companies in Basra, southern Iraq.
- June 19, 2019: The Houthis fired a cruise missile at the water desalination facility in Al-Shaqiq in the southern Saudi province of Jazan.
Despite all this, our fearless President Trump is maintaining his policy of not responding to Iran aggression, while publicly accusing Iran of carrying out attacks and reiterating that he “does not want war” with Iran.
More Joseph Klein:
As usual, President Trump’s domestic enemies are blaming the president for the escalating tensions with Iran, not the rogue Iranian regime. Once again, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi decided to hold her own briefing for the House Democratic caucus with the discredited former CIA Director John Brennan.
The Trump administration is not responsible for the theocratic Iranian regime’s hostile acts. They hark back to the early days of Iran’s Islamic revolution in 1979, when 52 American diplomats and citizens were held hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981.
The Obama administration, hoping to tame the Iranian regime’s nuclear ambitions, kicked the can down the road with its fundamentally flawed nuclear deal. The regime escalated its hostilities after the deal was concluded by launching ballistic missiles in violation of a UN Security Council resolution, continuing to sponsor acts of terrorism well outside of its borders, and humiliating captured U.S. sailors in violation of international law.
The Trump administration decided that it was time to stop the charade and impose maximum economic pressure on the regime. Rather than change their ways and show concern for the plight of their own people, the regime’s leaders have dug in their heels.
If we remain resolute, the Iranian regime’s leaders will rue the day they decided to test the power of the United States and President Trump’s mettle.
Full report right here… Iran Shoots Down American Drone
Repeat after me: There is no such thing as ‘Peaceful Islamic Culture’ – none; they will ALWAYS attempt to destroy any other religion or culture. Violence is a way of life for the tribal culture of Islam; brutality the norm.
This c**p has been going on since 1979 – nonstop.
The current version of the DemoRINOMarxist Left is simply another example of fools tolerating Islam’s total lack of respect for ANY other religion or culture on the planet. Iran and the Mullahs understand one thing and one thing only – violence; so in defense of freedom it behooves the West to put down this evil.
The alternative is to be cowed down like Europe!
In the immortal words of Sir Winston Churchill: ‘Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never, never – in nothing great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.’
And on that rousing note, time for today’s MAGA Pill – God Bless America and President Donald J. Trump – MAGA!