Something a little more offbeat today, in testing the cultural climate as we move into the last three weeks of a total amoral and brutal presidential campaign. A few years back, James Anderson, a gentleman of the South from Talladega, Alabama, wrote a letter to the editor of the Scottsboro (Ala.) Daily Sentinel on 12 Reasons why he voted Democrat. Soon after it appeared it went viral almost instantly. Despite its having been around for a while, it’s beginning to go viral again, as this year’s election reaches its pinnacle. The original letter was apparently in reference to the 2012 election, and while the content is fabulous satire, it is in many ways (even four years on) sadly correct. The Democrat party has now morphed into little more than the Amerikan Kommunist Politburo, especially under the particularly brutal Obama regime, with even his Obamacare signature accomplishment falling apart at the seams.
Here they are. This is gold:
Here are the 12 reasons I voted Democratic:
- I voted Democratic because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I now may marry my Labrador.
- I voted Democratic because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the Government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
- I voted Democratic because I believe the Government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
- I voted Democratic because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as I agree with what is said and nobody else is offended by it.
- I voted Democratic because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
- I voted Democratic because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in 10 years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
- I voted Democratic because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
- I voted Democratic because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.
- I voted Democratic because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
- I voted Democratic because I believe liberal Judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
- I voted Democratic because I think that it’s better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, spotted owl, gopher or fish.
- I voted Democratic because my head is so firmly misplaced toward the south end of my body; it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.
No trees, Spotted Owls, or Red Cock-headed Woodpeckers were harmed in the sending of this message.
—James W. Anderson
And while I’m in full rant mode, there’s this which I pulled from “Trump Made in the USA” the other day, which I suspect mirrors the mood of the general mass of “Deplorables” and “typical red-necks” as described recently by Hillary and Billy-Bob respectively:
This came from the Advocate (our local paper) and I am sharing it because it is exactly how most of us feel about Trump. The Media just doesn’t get it….they can’t believe that people are so angry that they can no longer be manipulated! Millions of supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump…..
We don’t care if the guy swears, or how many times he’s been married, or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he’s an egomaniac, but we don’t care. We know he’s not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he’s raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.
The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don’t care that Trump is crude, we don’t care that he has changed positions, we don’t care that he fights with Megyn Kelly, Rosie O’Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don’t care that Rubio, Ryan, the Bush’s, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don’t care that he doesn’t know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don’t care that he tried some businesses that didn’t work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don’t even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We’re sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic and Republican Party. We’re angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid politicians with their self serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phoney pay for play Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to change the direction we’re taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn’t have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn’t have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he’s flexible, and he’s also not a politician. And he says he’ll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.
Public service has become elected greed. This may be our only chance to have a non-politician, despite his flaws, try and correct the mess, at least for 4 years. We must take the shot, because the consequences of putting Hillary Clinton in office are frightening. There is a tidal wave happening, and it’s going to overcome much of what’s happened to this country.