“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” ~ Saul Alinsky – Rule 1 in Rules for Radicals
In a piece coming up from Steve McCann in American Thinker titled “United States at Point Of No Return”, we learn how the nation’s economic and educational systems are being propagandized by Progressive Obama and the DemoMarxists at the expense of the younger generation and their need to face up to the reality of their situation. Fully seven out of ten believe that the nation is going in the wrong direction, the blame being placed at the dawn of the Progressive era around 1913, when three changes occurred to the Constitutional Republic which are just now bearing their bitter fruit:
1) The creation of the Federal Reserve which has stolen the wealth of the nation and transferred it to a cabal of rich bankers and others. Case in point, the 2016 dollar has the purchasing power of only 4 cents of a 1913 dollar and has lost 96% of a gold backed dollar; in essence it is worthless paper (Run the numbers for yourself: US Inflation Calculator )
2) The ratification of the 16th amendment which allowed the federal government to tax our incomes, (which incidentally is not our wages) the feds just gave themselves that power along with the theft of our future and posterity. It has created the behemoth that we see today as it rolls over everyone and everything in the name of bigger and better government at the expense of our freedom and liberty. The bonus of course is that the federal government makes the citizens (us) pay for the destruction to our nation, freedom, and posterity for their own ends and it is not in our best interest to continue this abusive relationship as it now stands…
3) And finally, the ratification of the 17th amendment which allowed the unfettered growth of the federal government to go unchecked since it destroyed federalism and has in many respects made the States the vassals of an all powerful central government. When they gave up their power to oversee and check federal legislation in the Senate these States assured our demise as they no longer have the power to scuttle federal legislation by directing their Senators’ actions in the Senate…
The 14th amendment has been used repeatedly to subvert all our rights by the courts which used this unconstitutional amendment that was impressed upon the nation by an out-of-control 39th and 40th Congress in 1868 which has given us so many bad rulings; has eroded federalism; and allowed the federal government to usurp powers that rightly belong to the States and We the People…
It has been literally used to amend the Constitution by judicial review as pointed out by Justice Scalia in Obergefell v. Hodges:
“So it is not of special importance to me what the law says about marriage. It is of overwhelming importance, however, who it is that rules me. Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court.”
He then goes on to discuss the grave consequences for the use of the court in this manner:
“This practice of constitutional revision by an un-elected committee of nine, always accompanied (as it is today) by extravagant praise of liberty, robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves.”
The 14th Amendment Born in Despotism Steeped in Tyranny
Until these and other structural changes are repealed we will continue to decline, as our system of government has been radically subverted and the promises of self-rule hijacked by others for their own ends, which is at the root of the people’s discontent. We know who we are but we can no longer discuss, display and work towards our own destiny because of an overbearing administrative state that checks and subjugates its citizens at every turn. Our last best hope is to organize an Article V Convention of States and amend the Constitution to eliminate these three vehicles to our destruction, with the alternative being chaos, anarchy, and an inevitable civil war. The more one dwells upon the circumstances surrounding the demise of Justice Scalia, the more the conspiratorial exigencies begin to rear their heads as to “murder most foul.”
On to Steve McCann and his expose` …
There is an unquestioned disconnect between the vast majority of the American people and the so-called elites or ruling class. Whenever I am in the company of those that are members of this exclusive fraternity, and when the conversation inevitably turns to the subject of the irascible mood of the electorate, I offer what I consider to be a valid theory as to one of the primary reasons why. That is: a plurality of the populace, myself included, firmly believe the United States is approaching the point of no return to its founding as a nation of individual freedom and opportunity, and that the 2016 election is the most significant in 150 years insofar as determining the long term fate of the country.
Beginning in the late 1980’s, the cognoscenti declared that expansive government spending, globalization and free trade, combined with a comprehensive and overarching regulatory regime determined to root out so-called corruption and inequality as well as save the planet from the over blown evils of global warming, would be the course the nation should pursue. The result of this foolhardy and myopic scheme:
- In 1988 the national debt of the United States stood at $2.6 Trillion, today it is over $19.0 Trillion– an increase of 635% (and projected to reach $29.0 Trillion by 2026). On the other hand the debt of all the nations on earth has grown by only 135% since 1988.
- Since November of 2008 the working age population has increased by over 18 million. However, the number of those employed has increased just 5.5 million. Meanwhile those unemployed or no longer in the work force has ballooned by 12.4 million to a staggering total of 102 million or 40.4% of the working age population.
- Another factor impacting on the economic health of the American people is immigration. In 1988 there were 16 million immigrants (including less than a million illegal aliens) living in the United States. Today that number has skyrocketed to 42.4 million (including an estimated 12 million illegal aliens). This enormous increase (165%) in the immigrant population has not only put pressure on a stagnant job market but it has also been a major factor in the decline of median income in the country.
- The upshot of all the above is that since 1988 the income of the top 5% has risen 39.3% (adjusted for inflation) and the income of the bottom 50% has fallen by 1.9%.
- Since 2008 the Obama cabal has added over 18,000 pages to the Code of Federal Regulations. It is estimated that complying with federal regulations costs the economy nearly $2 Trillion per year and is, along with taxes and innumerable mandates, one of the principle reasons for the lack of new business start-ups and loss of jobs to other countries.
Continue reading United States at Point of No Return…