Logged from last night’s partisan optics in ‘debate’-to-berate as it happened… True to say that President Trump was battling both Wallace and Biden. What you might call the berate debate. C’mon, Man!
Notes to self on my pre-debate lead-in …
- Don’t get your hopes up too much. Biden’s handlers wouldn’t let him on stage if there were serious performance concerns. Expect a lot of canned lines and help from Chris Wallace. We all may be surprised at Hide’n Biden’s performance. I think he will have been given amphetamines to “clarify” things for him. But, the bar is set so low, just standing up at the end will be enough to declare him the undisputed winner.
2. Don’t get me started on that narcissistic nabob, Chris Wallace. My bet is he will make attempts to quiet DJT. To no avail though. He must be ok or they wouldn’t let him out there. The embarrassment of being proven to be idiots for making him their nominee would perhaps be a huge blow to their plans.
3. I don’t know what to think really about this candidacy. I keep waiting for the rug to be pulled from under us and their real agenda to be revealed. This cannot be what they end up offering to the American people. I know they are clueless but that clueless as to make Biden their savior? I’m not buying it yet.
4. Wait till President Trump starts giving him left hooks about Joe’s 47 years in office and his role in the Russia gate. Just think of the fun it will be knowing Joe Hidin’ will decline any involvement and he will be a proven a liar with all the information still not released from the DNI. Have no fear, President Trump took it easy on Hillary in 2016. He will not show that level of compassion for Old Man Joe. C’mon, Man!
5. Right off the bat, Sleepy-Joe has that idiotic wide-eyed partisan optics look on his face and whoops(!) he’s already looking down at what his handlers are giving him … Bingo, if you can’t plug ear holes tell him the answers in BIG letters on his tablet!
True to my pre-debate intuition (Chris Wallace / Biden are so easily dressed down) the issues never got explored in any depth. Wallace ‘moderated’ in such a biased manner that it was a pointless meeting. Biden is an outright liar, and basically recited leftist talking points. Overall it was a complete waste of time.
That Chris Wallace was for Biden was clear from the very start. President Trump saw that as well when he said early on that he was now debating both the moderator and Biden. One thing Wallace couldn’t help Biden with was Biden’s ‘death warmed over’ look.
Wallace let Biden lie and insult the President of the United States That in itself was absolutely despicable. It seemed he was quite clearly in the demoMarxocrat Tank.
Truly debates of this manner have become totally meaningless. My mind – like We the (63 million) People – was made up well in advance of the debates and we are voting for President Trump. His track record of success is well documented and the other guy couldn’t run a kool-aid stand. Plus, the other guy continues to look quite sickly.
Patricia McCarthy, American Thinker: ‘The Debate? Trump was Great, Wallace a Dreadful Disgrace’…
Chris Wallace’s overt defense of Joe Biden throughout the debate on Tuesday night was so obvious, so blatant, he should be proscribed from ever “moderating” a debate again.
Wallace’s performance was as Biden’s protector, his advocate, and that is undeniable. He stepped in at every moment Biden seemed lost: court-packing, lack of support of law enforcement, and Hunter’s criminality.
The debate was so poorly managed. The questions were designed to aid Biden, to coddle him. No wonder Trump felt duty-bound to interrupt. Trump was debating both Wallace and Biden, and only one of them is sentient.
Wallace’s intent was clear: sabotage Trump. Wallace succeeded only in looking like the stooge he is.
Why a two-minute rule? That hardly gives either man time to rebut what was just said about him. Wallace even brought up the Charlottesville charge but did not admit that it was a manufactured lie without giving Trump the time to deny the lie.
Wallace completely ignored and tried to derail Trump’s bringing up Hunter Biden’s criminal corruption. Why was that not a viable subject for discussion? Biden lied when he said Hunter had been cleared. Not so. Biden has a long history of lying and financial corruption. Should that fact not be up for review for a candidate for president? If Biden were a Republican, you can bet it would.
Wallace should be fired for his wholesale lack of objectivity. He’s become a cut-rate Dan Rather.
Full link below plus others…
As far as partisan optics content goes, Trump caused Biden some serious pain last night.
1) Proved Biden was a liar on numerous issues, especially and repeatedly on Hunter receiving $3.5 million from the Moscow mayor’s wife.
2) Forced Joe to lie about supporting the New Green Deal.
3) Forced Joe to refuse to answer stacking the SC.
4) Forced Joe to lie about Antifa.
Sure, I wish there’d been more opportunity for Biden to gaffe himself silly, but Trump clearly beat Biden and Wallace.
The bit about the green new deal was awesome. Did you catch how he first said he wasn’t doing the green new deal and then later said he was, and all within about 30 seconds!
In conclusion and to put a cap on the whole event, the facts are very plain and simple in that PDJT is the 800-pound guerilla bossing the arena. He owns the oxygen in this election cycle. He IS the news 24/7. HE should dictate the rules re these debates. Tell the networks and Wallace to go pound sand…no ratings for you….Even insist on C-SPAN, and neutral C-SPAN Moderators. If Joe balks do the sit downs with C-SPAN anyway.
Face it folks, the debates on standard network TV are a sad, sad joke. Nothing more nor less than a twisted political ‘Dancing with the Stars’ pile of OBO#44 / JoeBiteMe Bullcr#p; and THAT’s the honest to God truth.
And on that note, time for today’s MAGA Pill – President for the Ages Donald John Trump doing his darnedest for every American citizen willing to go forth and MAGA! and KAG! – including his avowed enemies!
- Jerrold L. Sobel, American Thinker: Biden: Let’s Go to the Videotape
- Sundance, Conservative Treehouse: Presidential Debate Night: Trump vs. Joe Biden
- Brian C. Joondeph, American Thinker: Trump Accomplished what he Needed in the First Debate
- Patricia McCarthy, American Thinker: The Debate? Trump was Great, Wallace a Dreadful Disgrace…
- Andrea Widburg, American Thinker: Two Crucial things Emerged from the First Presidential Debate
- Janice Shaw Crouse, American Thinker: The Cleveland Brawl: First presidential Debate a Cage Fight