Finally, a non-politician and common sense President who understands what the 14th Amendment intended; the very same that those of us legal immigrants (some of whom – yours truly, eg) have railed about for years, in challenging the progressive interpretation of the Constitutional Amendment to recognize anchor babies. Those of us historians among the populace well know that the Amendment was meant to assist in the healing of Civil War wounds by recognizing freed slaves as full citizens of the country.
Anchor babies of illegal migrants and silent invaders were definitely not included.
The announcement from President Trump that he is about to issue an Executive Order to end birthright citizenship to anchor babies born to non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants simply because they were born on US soil, is the equivalent of a political nuclear-bomb about to descend and detonate on We the People.
Particularly-so as it relates to the progressive egg-heads residing on the other side of the aisle in the People’s’ Dominion of DemoMarxist Socialists.
Consider this for instance, from hash-tag ‘susandanielspi’ on one of the comment threads: ‘This would be the best thing he has done. I have compiled the medical records for an Asian insurance company of more that 80 women who went to CA from Taiwan to give birth. These women pay up to $30,000 to a company to make arrangements for their trip, living expenses in CA (they stay 3 mo.) and trips to doctor appointments. The average hospital bill is $50,000.[end]
Bear in mind that these same women then sign a Charity document and pay only 10% of the hospital bill. California pays the other 90%. These babies are immediately entitled to all citizen rights and at 18 years of age can bring their entire family to reside in the United States, with estimates that between 300,000 and 400,000 babies are born here each year by non-Americans.
Thomas Lifson in his own American Thinker: ‘President Trump to use Executive Order to end birthright citizenship’…
Expect an explosion of media outrage and high powered lawsuits, especially in jurisdictions with Trump-hating federal judges. President Trump has launched an October surprise.
Last night in an interview granted to Jonathan Swan of Axios, President Trump announced his plans to use an executive order to end birthright citizenship for children born on American territory to illegal immigrants and foreign citizens, presumably at least those “not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States” as required by the 14th Amendment.
“We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits,” Trump said during an interview with Axios scheduled to air as part of a new HBO series starting this weekend. “It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”
Trump, who has long decried “anchor babies,” said he has discussed the move with his legal counsel and believes it can be accomplished with executive action, a view at odds with the opinions of many legal scholars.
“It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don’t,” Trump told Axios.
When told that view is disputed, Trump asserted: “You can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they’re saying I can do it just with an executive order.”
“It’s in the process. It’ll happen . . . with an executive order,” he said, without offering a time frame.
Continues to end by clicking right here…
Next step has to be to eliminate any and all ‘benefits’ for everyone who has illegally entered the United States. It’s long past time we turn off the magnet that attracts illegal immigrants who are really doing nothing more than bankrupting the USA and forcing hard-working Americans to be, in essence, slaves to the illegal migrants.
After all, they aren’t immigrants, but self-styled alien invaders.
Just remember that ten years or so ago Obama Osama Hillary and their surrogate members of the People’s’ Dominion of DemoMarxist Socialists were ranting and raving against illegal aliens. Today not so much, so why the change of heart? Scofflaw criminal illegal migrant ‘anchor babies’, that’s what.
A similar term, ‘passport baby’, is the descriptive used in Canada for children born through so-called ‘maternity’ or ‘birth tourism’. Australia, Britain, France, Ireland, and New Zealand are other countries who have already ended it. Donald Trump private citizen entrepreneur talked about this years before he was elected President Trump, which simply became just another reason why people voted him in.
Time to take today’s MAGA Pill – Warrior-President Donald J. Trump – MAGA!
See Axios and: Trump targeting birthright citizenship with Executive Order
And Conservative Treehouse: Trump considers Executive Order removing Birthright Citizenship