“Watch money. Money is the barometer of a society’s virtue. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion — when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing — when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors — when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you — when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice — you may know that your society is doomed.” ~ Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Consider the above as regards the facetiously-named “Affordable Healthcare Act” from a government that said it was transparent but is not. From a government that wouldn’t tell you that they wanted a single payer system but they did. From a government that seems okay with the pay-to-play system as long as they can keep raising your healthcare costs as much as they want, whenever they want. From a government that threatens you with a penalty if you don’t buy into their scam. And then consider what will happen under a (choke!) Clinton Cabal if she gets “selected”.
Ramblings from a failed president. Jimmy Carter will die comforted by the fact that he no longing holds the distinction of being the worst president in modern times. Let’s see if the country is stupid enough to elect his corrupt Secretary of State for the job next.
Then there’s uber Jonathan Gruber, the liar-in-thief who famously disparaged and insulted We The People as being too stupid to understand that they were being manipulated and herded like sheep into a government-designed single-payer system that they couldn’t do anything about. Does it/he make you feel any better about it now?
I just don’t know where to begin with this idiot mouthpiece. “Obamacare is not imploding,” coming from the guy who admitted that he had to deceive the public at large to get the bill passed into law. So apparently this uber Jonathan Gruber thinks the American public remains stupid. Remember folks, not one Republican politician voted for this monstrosity, so why are the DemoBusters blaming them now?
And the reality is?
A few choice comments from the thread…
- This liar cannot convince me that he has helped. My health insurance has risen nearly 100% over the past two years and will go up again next year about 25% more. My deductible has gone up, my employer funded HSA account has dropped, and medications that WERE covered are no longer covered. My family is worse off now than we were two years ago, thanks to government intervention.
- Employer supplied health insurance here. Paycheck dropped for the first time ever this year to cover the rising premium. Can’t afford my deductible. (((Jonathan Gruber))) is a piece of work.
- 20 million healthy individuals “mandated” to bail out the insurance monopolies with sky-rocketing premiums and deductibles so high, you might as well pay out of pocket. All so that bail-out recipients like Warren Buffet, can claim their paper billions invested in these insurance frauds, so they don’t whiff up into garbage and force Buffet to reorganize in bankruptcy court. The American SUCKER – you gotta love ’em.
- I have employer insurance. Did my premiums go down? Oh yes but my deductible is over $6000. !!$$$$$$$$$!! What’s it like Mr Jonathan Gruber to sell your soul?
- Two huge lies. My employer-supported insurance increased 50%. And, my close friend has a heavily subsidized plan that is going from $330 per month to $855 per month. This man lies whenever he opens his mouth.
Well, you get the drift. Let me leave you with this: In October 2013 at the 24th annual Health Economics Conference at the University of Pennsylvania’s Leonard Davis Institute of Health and Economics, Jonathan Gruber stated the following in regards to the passing of “Obamacare” and the lack of transparency of the law while it was being written.
“Lack of Transparency is a huge political advantage, and basically call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever. But, basically that was really really critical to getting the thing to pass. And you know, it’s the second best argument. Look, I wish Mark was right and we could make it all transparent but I would rather have this law than not.”
Advance 3 years later and a major cable news network gives him a forum so he can give his “opinions” on the wonders of Obamacare. I’m sorry CNN but this guy has ZERO credibility on this subject.
And a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for this criminal takeover of the once-proud American Healthcare system, that was the envy of the world. Donald Trump on the other hand, has placed it first and foremost for repeal in his administration’s first 100 days.
The choice is yours.